Friday, April 15, 2011

(watering)holes - Barcade Part 2


After much Delay; Newark and Barrow
After months of construction, delays, city bureaucracy, and even more delays, the doors will finally open and taps will begin to flow at JC's very own Barcade. While getting some ink done yesterday the topic of Barcade, an often discussed and debated one, proved to be a great distraction from the pinches of pain occasionally flowing through my arm. It was here that someone said they seemed set to go. After a few Google searches I can confirm that we are exactly one week away from getting to blow quarters on something other than our local Laundromats. On Friday, April 22nd a much-needed addition to the local scene will open its doors. Barcade Jersey City will have 33 vintage video games and 24 craft beers and microbrews on tap. My fingers are crossed for Southhampton Ale. Unlike Barcade Brooklyn, ours will serve food and also supply seating on the ever-interesting Newark Avenue. Great place to people watch; talk about consumption with a view. Though I wrote Barcade Jersey City to try and score some inside photos and insider information, I have not heard back and can only assume my blog has yet to qualify me for a press pass. I'm working on it. I can confirm that Barcade Jersey City will have a rare cockpit version of Star Wars, as well as old favorites like Spy Hunter and Burgertime. So mark your calendars, stack your quarters and I expect to see you all next week. 

Play Time; Newark and Barrow

4 comments:

  1. I know it'll be great to have new bar in town, but i feel this will end up being like the Biergarten. It was awesome at first but I soon got over it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's the thing... better music (surely)... closer to the flat... and best of all, better cliental i.e. hoboken douche bags probably won't flock to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only hipster deuche bags here! Did you know Jersey City forced them to serve food? It's true

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Marie.. I did not know they were forced, but will certainly look into it.

    ReplyDelete