Monday, April 4, 2011

FYI(nformation) - 2 of 4-Day Catch Up

As you may (or may not) have noticed, there has been a 4-day pause in posts. I've only been doing this for a little over 2 weeks now, but this lax in writing was my first break. I lacked the discipline to sit down in front of the computer and get my words onto the page. Besides content and readers, there's not much else to it. Perfecting this discipline is a work in progress. Not for the sake of excusing, but for understanding, my slip in focus was caused by a bit more work, partying, healthy human interaction, unhealthy human interaction, visits from mates I never see, highs, lows, alcohol, reading, watching, smoking, attempts at intimacy, laughter, good food, depression, high fives, low fives, facebook use, and madness. While I will break each occurrence down throughout the coming week, here are the first 2 of my 4-day catch up. For the proper literary effect, please read with speed.

(wednes)Day 
Work from 9 to 9 and should of been more tired than I felt. Got a text from a friend I see way too sparingly and invited him over. We laughed, smoked, and laughed some more. His bike tire popped. Bummer. We ate empanadas cooked by my roommate. Delicious. He got tired and suggested 1 beer at a local pub. Hit 7s, high-fived the bouncer, cracked open a PBR. Had to pee but the queue was less than tolerable. Laughter, loud music, great conversation, a sudden (in)flux of fake fur. 4 beers later and I knew we were out for the night. More laughter, more good music, apparent intoxication. 2am and it's time to go. Friend disappeared into a taxi before saying ciao. Look around and follow a line of people into a flat. Laughter, strange visual stimulation, I begin to poke an attractive friend annoyingly. Time to go home. Get a text while walking, so I make a pit stop. 40 minutes pass and I make my exit. Sleep. 

(thurs)Day 
Work until 8 with rumbles in my stomach, so I make a salad with grilled chicken. Promise myself I'm going to sit and write. Read a little, check facebook, and jump in the shower. Get asked about Inked magazine's gathering. Deny I'm going. Think about going. Say I'm going. Have a beer while I get dressed. Purposely attempt to look tops. Think about sex. Leave the house and head to the magazine's party. Walk in, sweat, and feel overwhelmed; way too many people. Quick face signal to my roommate and we bounce. Head to the Lamppost. Laugh, dance, listen to live music. I look at randoms with intrigue. Get impressed by one of the bands. Realize I’m paying too much for Yuengling, so switch. Other friends arrive. So does she. I stare for a moment and order a PBR. I flirt. I dance. I sing to an amazing Grateful Dead cover. Roommate gathers the troops and we head out. Couches get thrown. I witness this and walk back to the bar. Closing time. I read. Think. Sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds very eventful. You know, you are more than welcome to invite me over and cook me/I cook you dinner. Aint nothing wrong with staying in and having a laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. eventful it was. chaotic without a doubt. hopefully that came across in the text. lets get on a play date.

    ReplyDelete