Tuesday, April 5, 2011

(day)breakers - There's the Sunshine

Spring Casual; 8th and West Hamilton
Besides allergies, there is little that doesn't excite me about the coming of spring and summer. Due to this past winter's fury, I find the slight uptick of mercury in the thermometer overly exciting. Last week the temperature, albeit just for a day, hit 70°F (21°C). The parks exploded with humans of all ages, taking in the heat and doing something that has escaped us for months; soaking in some vitamin D. With the change in season, comes a change in style. All wear less, girls tend to get tighter. Though recent male trends have embraced form-fitting t-shirts and cut skinny jeans. I applaud and certainly partake. Seems to be the democratic way. Now all, no matter of gender or orientation, can enjoy the tightening and disappearance of clothing. So to hell with wool and tweed; bring on the cotton, spandex and glimpses of skin. We thoroughly deserve it.

Cole Haan meets Jegging; 8th and West Hamilton
I have yet to develop a solid way of stopping someone in the street when they catch my eye. On the positive side, all who I have asked were game. Negative side, I'm painfully awkward. I think it's the compliment and camera that seals the deal. I first saw this fashionista reading in Hamilton Park. I was test riding 30+ bikes and couldn't help but steal peaks as I rode by. I'm sure my constant change in bike was baffling. I was drawn to how casual, yet stylish she looked. Especially when reading a book in the setting sun. Not to interrupt her reading, I waited until she left the park to make my request. Think more respectful and less creepy stalker. She was chill and wished me luck. I did the same.  

2 comments: