Tuesday, March 22, 2011

(night)crawlers - Aging with Grace

Levi meets Ralph; 3rd and Monmouth 

On a recent stumble between one (watering)hole and the next, I bumped into my nephew who's 5 years my junior. We both enjoy drinks in smoke-filled rooms, so we proceeded to have a pint at Abbys. My nephew is stylish but does it with ease. He rocked a pair of Levis and Ralph Lauren boots - Bench made; both of which were worn-in and aging gracefully.

Recently entering my 30s, I get excited when people think I'm 20 something. I don't ever feel old until that happens; my mind's admission of its desire to be young(er). I have no interest in fighting the inevitable but I do wonder how it's going to go down. Will I age like a pair of Jordache or Levis? I'm hoping for the latter.  I guess it all comes down to good genes.

In case you're following, all posts entitled "(night)crawlers" will chronicle the style worn by other creatures of the night.

8 comments:

  1. god, those shoes are nice!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah they are. I'm plotting a sneak-attack swipe in the not too distant future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Suk... I assume you mean the strong and funky type. I'm thinking Grayson.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strong and funky. I was not previously familiar with Grayson so I looked it up and I got this:

    "...it starts off tangy, fresh, and sweet, and finishes as warm and smooth as butter."

    I think Grayson is on the mark mate. Definitely not the blue green veiny type.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you know, being the egomaniac that i am, when i read the title i thought this was going to be about ME!
    Imagine my disappointment when i read it's about your jeans.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's about my nephew's jeans... and his boots... and my aging complex.

    I thought you would probably think it was about you. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your writing..... i will continue reading, don't you worry

    you are too stylish yourself to let this aspect of life go unnoticed. xxo

    ReplyDelete