Friday, March 16, 2012

(Chow)down - The little Parlor that could


It's been more than a year since I had the pleasure of treating myself to 'Torico's' delicious homemade ice cream. Last summer was especially hard, as there seemed to be a vicious rumor spread around downtown every month or so that the opening was drawing near. And no matter how many times they would etch a new date onto the handwritten sign that was scotch taped to the front door, I still held out hope. 

Torico's has been my go to spot ever since 'Rands' shut its sliding window for the last time. Torico's longer than expected closing forced me to frequent 'Mister Softy' for my late night ice cream fix. I love the damn jingle just as much as the next guy, but the ice cream doesn't live up to the tune. It's for these reasons that I was delighted to see the decor of Torico's ice cream parlor nearing completion. 


I peeped 'Torico's' Facebook page in hope of finding a definitive opening date. No such luck. What I did find was an ambiguous status posted on March 15th that wished us well and will give us an opening date 'as soon as we are able.' Best status update ever. Here's to hoping it's sooner rather than later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment