Monday, June 13, 2011

(spot)light - Street Styles - Van Vorst Park

Hello (in)Flux followers, Colby Kelly here writing a blog for ChrisTopher.  If you don’t already know, I’m your local vintage stylist entrepreneur and I am here for all of your questions and concerns, really, try me!

So the new thing I am doing this summer, aside from sporting color-blocking attire, is setting up a table at flea markets in our local parks. Not only will I have my own amazing goods to offer, but also I’ll be checking out and highlighting some of my best finds.



(If on main page, click read more just below.)



Last month, Van Vorst Park held a Flea Market.  I participated for the first time and it was a blast.  I’ve attached pictures of my booth for your viewing pleasure. I have been collecting vintage for years and one of my favorite aspects of vintage is the continual cycle you create with your wardrobe.  You don’t have to hold on to anything for too long, unless you want to.  If you purchase quality pieces, they will only go up in value as time goes on. Catch my drift?

Once I confirmed a decent profit for myself, I was happy to take my time and stroll the park. I left my booth and walked the Flea Market to see what the other vendors were peddling. There was something there for everyone.  Deals were being made, household goods being bought, childhood toys and gadgets available and even the kitchen sink – which I don’t have a picture of but it was there!  Check out the pictures of my favorite booths and hopefully I’ll see you on the street, styling of course.

The Hamilton Park market was just on Saturday and though the weather was dreary, people still came out to support and there were certainly some good pieces. Check back soon for my ongoing chronicle of JC markets and fashionistas.

Thanks,
Colby Kelly, VSE

No comments:

Post a Comment